I think everyone has this type of list, but I don’t think we make it a physical list. How many of you have told friends, “Oh my goodness, I would love to go to New York and see a Broadway musical.” I think about this every single day, things I want to do and it all deals with travel. Some of the things are a bit weird, DON’T JUDGE ME!
- Visit The Chicken Ranch in Nevada: Yes, I know what The Chicken Ranch is. No, I don’t want any “services” done, but it is a historical establishment.
- Take a Weekend Long Train Ride: I remember watching old movies and watching writers live on a train and go through countries and states. This seems so relaxing and so freeing, just watching the world go by.
- Go to Japan and Stay in a Love Hotel and a Capsule Hotel: These are two VERY different places, one is used specifically for sensuality and another is used as a convenient place to sleep. They are both so foreign to me…well, there’s a place called the Sybaris that may actually be comparable to a love hotel. Shout out to Sybaris keeping people’s sex lives SPICY!
- Go to Burning Man: What else do I have to say? It’s an experience.
- Met Gala: Ever since I was a little girl I have watched every celebrities amazing outfits for the Met Gala. I know I will never be able to attend the Met Gala, but it’s always nice to dream.
- Paris Fashion Week: I know that we have a New York Fashion Week, but I rather experience fashion in a country where fashion is more appreciated.
- Genealogy Trip: One thing that other people may not understand is that as an African-American, you don’t know who you are or where you came from. I would love to know what country my family originated from. Nevertheless, this is a very expensive service.
- See the Original McDonald’s: No the original McDonald’s is not in the Midwest! Well, it is the first franchise McDonald’s. I’ve never really had a real reason to go to California, McDonald’s can be the reason I go.
- Attend the Summer Olympics: I’ve always wanted to volunteer for the Summer Olympics, but then I have to think about my full-time job.
I’m trying to think of more, but they will come to me. I may even make a second list, I would love to know your list.